[BANDS] - [COMPS] - [LABELS] - [ZINES]
[BOOKS] - [FILMS] - [FLYERS] - [LINKS]
[NEWS] - [CONTRIBUTORS] - [CONTACT]
IT CAME FROM INNERSPACE LP
01. The Touch - Nerve Gas Attack
02. The Thieves - What's Old Is What's New
03. Route 66 - Where is She During the Week?
04. Facecrime - I Know Some People
05. Down Syndrome - You're a Punk
06. Malibu Kens - Party's Over
07. SNFU - (Real Men Don't Watch) Quincy
08. The Standard - Break Out
09. Malibu Kens - 421-1111
10. The Thieves - Screams
11. SNFU - Strip Search/Grunt, Groat, Rant & Rave
12. Facecrime - Did I Hear You Right?
13. The Touch - Family Tree
14. Down Syndrome - Bums
15. Route 66 - Had Enough of This
Label: Rubber Records
Cat #: RR 8301
This new Canadian compilation is very much like the English samplers that proliferated wildly in the '78 epoch, in that it features a bunch of pop bands and one or two token punk groups. Of the latter, SNFU produces two powerful mid-tempo gems with crunching guitars and sing-along choruses (including the classic "Real Men Don't Watch Quincy"), while Down Syndrome offers a couple of raunchy garage punkers. Of the pop bands, the Standards and the Thieves stand out above the wimpy pack by virtue of a heavier guitar sound and an unobtrusive '60s tinge. The overall effect is rather refreshing in our current era of musical segregation.
-Jeff Bale (from Maximum Rocknroll #12, March 1984)